1st Call Training PortfolioDownload our portfolio (PDF)
Forklift Instructor Training
3 - 10 days
Who's it for:
10 Day Instructional techniques course for competent forklift operators wishing to become an accredited forklift instructor.
5 Day Direct Entry course for existing accredited instructors to become accredited with an
alternative accrediting body.
3 Day Re-registration course for existing accredited instructors to re-new their qualification prior to expiry.
All candidates considering becoming a forklift instructor must have at least 12 months counterbalance forklift operator experience [evidence will be required] and be competent as an operator to be able to pass the practical skills test to instructor level. Candidates must hold a counterbalance forklift operator certificate dated within 6 months.
Aims and benefits:
Ideal for qualified fork lift truck operators with plenty of experience or
want to gain a recognised accreditation.
Successful delegates are registered and certificated on the ITSSAR or
National Register of Accredited Instructors
- Evaluation and update (where applicable) of operator skills
- Principles and techniques of instruction
- Preparing lesson plans and delivering syllabus
- Health and Safety Executive legislation and guidelines
- Record keeping and report writing ITSSAR Assessment procedures
- and practice
- HASAWA 1974
- PUWER 1998
- LOLER 1998
- ACOP L117
- ITSSAR training best practice guidelines
- Testing and examination criterion
- ITSSAR theory and practical assessment
- Practical Aspect
Methods of Assessment:
- Theory & Practical Tests
Open Course Details:
- £ per delegate