1st Call Training PortfolioDownload our portfolio (PDF)
3 Days Training / 1 Day Test
Who's it for:
This course is aimed at anyone required to supervise safe systems of work using lifting equipment. It is recommended that prior to attending this course individuals should have some experience of working with lifting equipment. Personnel selection is critical. This position carries a great deal of responsibility and only suitable personnel should be selectedexperience of the use of cranes to meet the requirements specified in British Standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes.
Personnel selection is critical. This position carries a great deal of responsibility and only suitable personnel should be selected.
Aims and benefits:
To provide training in the duties of a crane supervisor as defined by the
person, complying with legislation, regulations, Codes of Practice and
1. Legal Compliance
2. Delegate achieves carded status
- Legislation, regulations and Codes of Practice relating to lifting duties
- Safe systems of work including method statements
- Personal responsibility
- Cranes: types and terms/ crane documentation and appreciation.
- Crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- British Standard 7121
- Role of the Crane Supervisor / Appointed Person
- Preparing an area, with exclusion zones
- End test [LOLER] and [PUWER] BS7121 systems of work
- Practical Aspect
Methods of Assessment:
- Practical Test
- Written or Oral Theory Test
- NPORS Accreditation also available subject to training and testing